Masoumeh Azghani, PhD
Assistant Professor of Communications Engineering
Place of birth: Tabriz, Iran.
Date of Birth: 23 June 1987.
Address: Electrical Engineering department, Sahand University of Technology, Tabriz, Iran
Sharif University of technology
Ph.D (with distinction), Sparse Signal Processing (2011-2014). GPA(18.37/20)
Thesis advisor: Prof. Farokh Marvasti
Thesis title: Efficient iterative sparse recovery techniques
Msc., signal and Image Processing (2009-2011). GPA (18.98/20)
Thesis title: Video compression using compressed sensing theory
Bsc., electrical engineering (2005-2009).GPA (17. 8/20)
Thesis title: Motion detection in digital images
Assistant Professor, Sahand University of Technology, Tabriz, Iran (Sep 2015-present)
Visiting researcher, Institute for Inforcom. Research (I2R), A*Star, Singapore (Feb-Sep 2015).
Researcher, Multi-media Lab, Advanced Communication Research Institute (ACRI), Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (2011-2015).
1st Rank in M.Sc., Electrical Engineering Department, Tabriz University, 2011.
2nd Rank in B.Sc., Electrical Engineering. Department, Tabriz University, 2009.
Ranked 11 in the Nationwide PhD Entrance Exam, Electrical Engineering (2011).
Ranked 49 in the Nationwide M.Sc. Entrance Exam, Electrical Engineering (2009).
Ranked 18 in Iranian Olympiad in Electrical Engineering (2008).
Ranked 665 in nationwide university Entrance Exam among more than 400,000 participants, Iran (2005).
Array signal processing
Compressed sensing, Sparse Signal Processing, statistical signal processing
-  N.Sadeghi, M.Azghani, "Semi-Blind Channel Estimation based on subspace modeling for Multi-user Massive MIMO system" to be published in Journal of nonlinear systems in Electrical Engineering.
-  S. Abtahi, M. Azghani, F. Marvasti, “An Adaptive Iterative Thresholding Algorithm for Distributed MIMO Radars”, recently published in IEEE transactions on aerospace and electronic systems.
-  M. Azghani, A. Ghorbani, and F. Marvasti. "Blind Iterative Non-linear Distortion Compensation Based on Thresholding." IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, 2016.
-  M. Azghani and F. Marvasti, "L2-Regularized Iterative Weighted Algorithm for Inverse Scattering," in IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 2293-2300, June 2016.
-  M.Azghani, P.Kosmas, F.Marvasti, “Fast Microwave Medical Imaging Based on Iterative Smoothed Adaptive Thresholding,” Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, IEEE, vol.14, no., pp.438-441, 2015.
- M.Azghani, P.Kosmas, F.Marvasti, “Microwave Medical Imaging Based on Sparsity and an Iterative Method with Adaptive Thresholding,” IEEE transactions on medical imaging, vol.34, no.2, pp.357-365, Feb. 2015.
-  M.Azghani, M.Karimi, F.Marvasti, “Multi-Hypothesis Compressed Video Sensing Technique,” to be published in IEEE transactions on circuits and systems for video technology, 2015.
- M. H. Khoozani, F. Marvasti, M. Azghani, M. Ghassemian, "Finding sub-optimum signature matrices for overloaded code division multiple access systems," IET Communications, vol.7, no.4, pp.295, 306, March 5 2013.
-  M.Azghani, F.Marvasti,” Sparse Signal Processing,” published in the Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis Series (Springer-Verlag) under the title “New Perspectives on Approximation and Sampling Theory”, 2014.
-  A. Abtahi, M. Azghani, J. Tayefi and F. Marvasti, "Iterative block-sparse recovery method for distributed MIMO radar," Iran Workshop on Communication and Information Theory (IWCIT), Tehran, 2016, pp. 1-4.
-  M.Azghani, F.afkhaminia, "Sparsity-based Direction of Arrival Estimation in the Presence of Gain/Phase Uncertainty" presented in EUSIPCO, KOS 2017.
-  M. Azghani, F. Marvasti. "Iterative Least Squares Algorithm for Inverse Problem in Microwave Medical Imaging." EUSIPCO, Budapest, 2016. .
-  M. Azghani, S. Sun, "Low-rank Block sparse decomposition algorithm for anomaly detection in networks," Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA), Hong Kong, 2015, pp. 807-810.
-  M.Azghani, P.Kosams, F.Marvasti,” Iterative Thresholding Techniques for Breast Tumor Microwave imaging,” presented in European Conference on Antennas and Propagation 2014. (invited talk)
-  M. Azghani,F. Marvasti, “Iterative methods for random sampling recovery and compressed sensing recovery,” presented in sampTA, Eurasip 2013.
-  M. Azghani, F. Marvasti, “Towards Optimization of Toeplitz Matrices for Compressed Sensing,” presented in IWCIT, IEEE 2013.
-  F. Marvasti, M. Azghani, P. Imani, P. Pakrouh, S. J. Heydari, A. Golmohammadi, A. Kazerouni, M. M Khalili, “Sparse signal processing using iterative method with adaptive thresholding (IMAT),” 19th International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT), 2012. (invited talk)
-  M. Azghani, F. Marvasti, “Progressive Sparse Image Sensing using Iterative Methods,” international symposium on telecommunications (IST) 2012.
-  S. Fattahi, M. Azghani, and F. Marvasti, “An Algorithm for Detecting the Exact Regions of Moving Objects in Video Frames,” accepted in international symposium on telecommunications (IST) 2014.
-  M. Azghani, A. Aghagolzadeh, M. Aghagolzadeh, “compressed video sensing using adaptive sampling rate,” 5th international symposium on telecommunications (IST) 2010.
-  M. Azghani, A. Aghagolzadeh, S. Ghaemi, M. kouzegar, “Intelligent modified mean shift tracking using genetic algorithm,” 5th international symposium on telecommunications (IST) 2010.
- Fatemeh Afkhaminia, Master thesis on "Direction of Arrival Estimation in Massive MIMO Systems".
- Nasser Sadeghi Alishahi, Master thesis on "Massive MIMO Channel Estimation".
- Leila Gharedaghi, Master Thesis on "Compressive Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio".
- Somayyeh Fattan, Master Thesis on "Image Forgery Detection".
- Nafiseh Maleki, Master Thesis (on going) on "Sparse Adapive Filters" .
- Abbas ali atarodi, Mater Thesis (on going) on "Massive MIMO beamforming".
- Rana Sedghi, Master Thesis (on going) on "Interference mitigation in massive MIMO systems".
- Haydeh Olyaii, Master Thesis (on going) on "Video forgery detection".
Adaptive Filtering , Stochastic Processes ,Convex Optimization, Numerical Optimization
Under Graduate courses
Digital Communications, Signals and Systems, C Programming.