Hossein Madadi, PhD
Professor of Power Electronics and Drive
[Dip.]: Physics & Mathematics ; Ferdowsi High-School, Tabriz-IRAN
G.P.A.: 19.34 (out of 20), Rank: 1/3000
[B.Sc.]: Electrical Engineering; University of Tabriz, Tabriz-IRAN
G.P.A.: 16.21 (out of 20), Rank: 1/35
[M.Sc.]: Electrical Engineering; University of Tabriz, Tabriz-IRAN
G.P.A.: 17.07 (out of 20), Rank: 2/10
[Ph.D.]: Electrical Eng., Motor Drives & Power Electronics, CANADA
University of New Brunswick (UNB), CANADA, G.P.A, A+
[Post-Doc]: UNB, & Universit de Moncton, CANADA (Sept. 2003 - Sept. 2005)
Areas of Interests:
1- Variable Speed Motor Drives:
Induction Motor Drives, PMSM drives, IPMSM Drives, Stepper Motor Drives, Application of Adaptive Control( EKF, MRAS, …), Fuzzy Logic & Neural Network in Motor Drives, Estate Estimation
DC-DC Choppers, Inverters, AC to DC Converters, Application of Power Electronics
in Energy Conversion Systems ( Wind Energy, Solar Energy, Small Hydropower Units, Grid connected Inverters).
3- Electrical Machines:
Modeling and Simulation of AC & DC motors, Synchronous & Induction Generators.
1- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers, Intel 80C196KC/ KD
2- DSP, eZdspTMS320LF2407
3- C language
4- Lab Window/CVI , Version 6.1 [NI-DAQ, PCI-MIO-16E-4 ]
5-MATALAB, SIMULINK Version 6.1
8- Microsoft Word
9- Word Perfect
11- Grid connected Inverters for wind turbine application
Training Courses and Workshops Attended:
Awards and Distinctions:
1) First rank award in Tabriz, Iran high schools
2) First rank award in Tabriz University, B.SC.
3) Post Doctoral fellowship, UNB, Canada
4) Recording of 2 Inventors in Iran
Design and construction of Grid connected Single phase Inverter by DSP-TMS 320-2407A
Control of IM speed by 4 -switch three phase inverter
- J. Faiz, M. Sharifian, and H. Madadi Kojabadi, “Simulation of Induction Motor Including Mechanical losses and Saturation." Advanced Technology of Electrical Engineering and Energy (Journal), China, No.1, pp. 55-60, 1994.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, and G. Ahrabian,” Simulation and analysis of the interior permanent magnet synchronous motor as a brushless AC-Drive”, Simulation Practice and Theory, 7(2000), pp. 691-707, ELSVIER.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, L. Chang, and T. Boutot,” Development of a Novel Wind Turbine Simulator for Wind Energy Conversion Systems Using an Inverter Controlled Induction Motor,” IEEE Transaction on Energy Conversion, vol. 19, no. 3, Sept. 2004, pp. 547-552.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, L. Chang ,”Comparative Study of Pole Placement methods in adaptive flux observers, “ Control Engineering Practice, ELSVIER. Volume 13, Issue 6, June 2005, Pages 749-757.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, L. Chang “A Novel Wind Steady-State Turbine Simulator Using an Inverter Controlled Induction Motor, “Wind Engineering”. 2004, pp. 433-443(11).
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, L. Chang, and R. Doraiswami” A MRAS-Based Pseudoreduced Order Flux Observer for Sensorless Induction Motor Drives, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Volume 20, Issue 4, July 2005 Page(s):930 – 938.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi ,” Simulation and experimental studies of model reference adaptive system for sensorless induction motor drive Simulation Modeling Practice and Theory, Volume 13, Issue 6, September 2005, Pages 451-464.
- Mohammad Monfareda , H. Madadi Kojabadi, H. Rastegar” Static and dynamic wind turbine simulator using a converter controlled DC motor,” Renewable Energy, International Journal Elsevier, Vol. 5, May, 2008, pp. 906-913.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi,L. Chang, I. Ghadoura, M. Ghribi, A Novel DSP-based Current-Controlled PWM Strategy for Single Phase Grid Connected Inverters,” IEEE Transaction On Power Electronics., Vol. 21, no. 4, 2006. pp. 985-993.
- Mohammad Monfareda , H. Rastegar, H. Madadi Kojabadi, “A new strategy for wind speed forecasting using artificial intelligent methods” Renewable Energy, International Journal Elsevier, Vol. 34, (2009), pp. 845-848.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi,” Active power and MRAS based rotor resistance identification of an IM drive, Simulation modelling practice and theory, SIMPAT ELSEVEIR , 17 (2009)-376-389.
- M. Kazemi, A. sadeghi, H. Madadi Kojabadi, “A Simple Approach to Direct Power Control of DFIG Based on DSVM with Constant Switching Frequency,” has been accepted at Renewable Energy, International Journal Elsevier.
M. Zainali, H. Madadi Kojabadi, Damroudi,” Optimization of DC motor speed control using adaptive controller and comparing it with constant PID controller, ICEE2007, Iranian Conf. on Electrical Eng, Tehran, Iran.
- G. Ahrabian, and H. Madadi Kojabadi, "Improving of the Performance of Brushless Dc Motor by Injecting of Demagnetizing Current." IGIP, Klagenfort/Austria, Conference Proceedings, PP.623-629, 1992.
- G. Ahrabian, and H. Madadi Kojabadi ,”Estimation of Pole Position of an Inverter Fed Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine by an Extended Kalman Filter" Proceedings of the 1996 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, ISCAS. Part 4 (of 4), May 12-15 1996, Atlanta, GA, USA, p 588-591.
- G. Ahrabian, and H. Madadi Kojabadi,” Estimation of Speed of an Inverter Fed IPMSM by an Extended Kalman Filter," ELMA'93, Varna / Bulgaria, Conference Proceedings, pp.498-503, 1993.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, and G. Ahrabian,” Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drive without Electro-mechanical Sensors." ELMA,96, Eight International conference on Electrical Machines and Derives, Varna/Bulgaria, pp. 102-110, 1996.
- L. Chang, and H. Madadi Kojabadi,” Review of interconnection standards for distributed power generation,” Proceedings of IEEE 2002 Large Eng. System Conf., on Power Eng. (LESCOPE02), Halifax, Canada, Jun, 2002, pp.36-40.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, and L. Chang, “Recent progress in sensorless vector-controlled Induction Motor drives,” Proceedings of IEEE 2002 Large Eng. System Conf., on Power Eng. (LESCOPE02), Halifax, Canada, Jun, 2002, pp.80-85.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, and L. Chang,” Model reference adaptive system pseudoreduced – order flux observer for very low speed and zero speed estimation in sensorless induction motor drives,” PESC Record - IEEE Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference, v 1, 2002, pp. 301-308, PESC02, Queensland, Australia.
- L. Chang, R. Doraiswami, T. Botout, and H. Madadi Kojabadi,” Development of a Wind Turbine Simulator for Wind Energy Conversion Systems," IEEE 2000 Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, Halifax, Canada, May 2000, pp. 550-554.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, L. Chang, R.. Doriaswami,” Novel Adaptive Observer for Very Fast Estimation of Stator Resistance in Sensorless Induction Motor Drives”IEEE Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference, 2003, pp. 1455-1459, PESC03, Mexico.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, L. Chang, R.. Doriaswami,” Effects of Adaptive PI Controller Gains on Speed Estimation Convergence and Noises at Sensorless Induction Motor Drives, pp. 263-269, 2003, MontrealCCECE2003.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, L. Chang, R.. Doriaswami,” Stability Conditions of Adaptive Pseudureduced-Order Flux Observer for Vector-Controlled of Sensorless IM Drives presented in:”IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical & Computer Eng., CCECE2004, Niagra Falls, Canada.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, L. Chang, “Induction motor as wind turbine simulator, presented at MITACS 2004, Halifax, Canada.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, L. Chang, A. Chao, M. Ghribi, “ Optimal PI controller gains using a multi-loop multi objective genetic algorithm in IM drives,” CCEC2005, in CD
- Kai Zhang, H. Madadi Kojabadi, L. Chang, , “Modelling of a converter-connected six phase PMSM Generator” Malysia, Nov. 2005, PEDS 2005.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, I. Gadoura, M. Ghribi, IMPLEMENTATION OF DIFFERENT CURRENT-CONTROLLED PWM STRATEGIES FOR VSI, Has been accepted in IFAC, 2005. Pragh, Czech Republic.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, I. Gadoura, M. Ghribi, “ A simple digital current control for Grid-connected inverters, “ Germany, 2005, EPE2005, Germany.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, K. Zhang, M. Ghribi,” Wind turbine driven grid-connected inverter based on predective current control technique,” 20th international power system conference, PSC2005, Tehran-Iran, Nov. 2005.
- S. Joshi, A. Gordon, l. Holloway, L. Chang, H. Madadi,” Development of stand alone micro-hydro system using pump as turbine tech. for low head sites in remote areas” 20th international power system conference, PSC2005, Tehran, Iran, Nov. 2005.
- H. Madadi Kojabadi, L. Chang,” Sensorless PMSM drives with MRAS based adaptive speed estimator,” 37th IEEE power electronics specialist conference, PESC06, Jeju, South Korea, June 2006.
- M. Monfared, H. Rastegar, H. Madadi Kojabadi, “Overview of Modulation Techniques for the Four-Switch Converter Topology, 2nd IEEE International Conference on Power and Energy (PECon 08), Has been accepted.
- M. Kazemi, A. sadeghi, H. Madadi Kojabadi ,”Active power direct control of wind turbines by using of discrete space vector modulation,” PSC2008, 23th International Power System Conference, Iran, Tehran, 2008.
- M. Bagheri, H. Madadi Kojabadi,” Novel single stage grid connected PV system with fuzzy reactive power control,” PSC2008, 23th International Power System Conference, Iran, Tehran, 2008.